Nowadays with the development of technology building a website has become very easy due to which the number of websites has expanded tremendously. But as per a survey report done by Google registry and many resources, it is found that most people have a dearth of knowledge when it comes to security. You must not forget to take the essential steps that are required for improving the security of your website.
Website security is certainly a very complex process but the Professional Website design Company takes all the required precautions and leaves no stone unturned for securing the website from the hand of hackers. That is why in this article we have come up with some essential points that will help you enhance your website security.
Top 7 Best Ways to improve website security
The following are some essential points that you need to remember for enhancing your website security.
1. Update all the software and plug-in
Hundreds of websites get compromised every day because of outdated software. The hackers and bots scan the websites continuously and if any website does not remain updated, they try to get into that website, which is how the important data gets compromised. That is why it is essential to have WordPress Security Plugin so that you can keep your website secure from the hand of hackers.
The best thing about these types of updates is that they often come up with security enhancement and vulnerability repairs. Thus it is highly necessary to check the website for software updates and the notification for software plugins. You should not wait for a long time to update your plugins and applications as the more you wait the less secure your website, database, and application will be. So, whenever you get a notification for the update of any software or application you should wait for anything rather you should do it immediately.
2. Adding HTTPS and SSL certificate:
If you want to keep your website safe then it is highly necessary to keep the URL safe from the hand of hackers. That is the reason why whenever you need to send private information, you must have HTTPS instead of HTTP. HTTPS means HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure and it is a kind of protocol that is used for providing security over the Internet. With the help of this protocol, it becomes possible to prevent interception and interruption.
SSL means Secure Sockets Layer is another necessary protocol with the help of which it becomes possible to encrypt the information while sending through the Internet so that the other unauthorized person cannot read the information while in transit.
3. Choose a strong password:
With so many websites, databases, and programs people most often use the same passwords so that it becomes easier. But these are the biggest mistakes that people usually commit due to which their passwords get compromised. If you use the same password then it becomes easy to detect the password of all websites when the password of one website will be detected. That is the reason you should never use the same password.
You should always use a combination of letters in both lower and upper caps, numbers, and special characters. In such a case, it becomes difficult to crack the password. That is why Sucuri Security always advises you to use such a combination of passwords.
4. Use a secure Web Host:
You should try to name your website as if you are giving the name of a street address. In fact, while choosing a secure web host you need to look at certain things such as whether the web host is offering a Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). Again you also have to know whether the option ‘Is FTP used by an Unknown User?’ is disabled.
Whether a Rootkit scanner is used and whether a file backup service is used? All these things are very essential for keeping the website secure from the hand of unauthorized people.
5. Encrypt the login page: It is highly necessary to use SSL encryption on the login page. With the help of SSL, it becomes possible to transfer sensitive information securely. For example, you can send information like credit card details, social security numbers, or any type of Login credentials. When the sensitive information will be encrypted no third party can intercept it and this type of encryption can help you to prevent the hackers from accessing any type of login credentials or any kind of private data.
6. Keep the website clean: For any hackers, database, application or plugin are the common point of entry. That is the reason why when any files, database or application are of no use you should delete the files otherwise the hackers would make that an entry point with that. Moreover, it is also essential to keep all the files structured and organized so that it becomes easier to keep track of which files to keep and which one to keep.
7. Backup your data: It is also very essential to keep the backup of your data at regular intervals so that even if your website becomes inaccessible you will not lose your data. Many web host provider may provide you the backup of your files from their own server in case of necessities but still it is a good practice to keep the backup yourself. However, there are some plugins or extensions that help you to keep up the backup of all your files automatically. With this you will no longer be required to keep the backup of the files manually and your data will be completely secured.
Thus, the proper web developmment agency gives a huge importance to the website security features when designing the website. Nowadays the creation of websites has become a lot easier but it does not mean that you will compromise with the security features. When designing a website security features should be given the utmost importance so that you can prevent the hackers from intercepting your website and doing harm to you.